Ok, so admittedly they aren’t animals per se, but If I called them ‘Raw Star Crackers’ they might get lost in translation. I realize it may be time for some new cookie cutters!
- 2 cups packed, moist almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (easy as grinding down almonds!)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 organic apples, peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the almond pulp, almond flour, flax and coconut flour. Set aside.
- Place the apples in the food processor, and process until it resembles smooth apple sauce.
- Add the coconut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Process until creamy.
- Add the almond pulp, almond flour, coconut flour and flax to the apple mixture and process until well blended. Place back in bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- To roll the cookie batter out, use either teflex sheets or lay out wax paper. Dust with coconut flour.
- Place the batter in the center of the teflex sheet or wax paper and place another one on top. Using a rolling-pin, smooth the batter out 1/4 to 1/2″ thick. Peel the top sheet off and with animal cookie cutters, cut out the shapes.
- Place on the mesh dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 8 hours or until desired hardness.