These are the most delicious gluten free treat that maybe ever existed! You can make bars, bread or muffins! Normally, we don’t use or keep chocolate chips in the house since we are such a huge maker of raw chocolate and like to reap all the nutritional benefits of it. However, being that this recipe calls for an oven, it killed me to heat unprocessed chocolate and destroy all the nutrients. Plus I believe in an 80/20 approach to diet for our family, so here is the 20%
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To make oat flour: Place oats into blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes until oatmeal resembles flour. Transfer oat flour medium bowl; whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Place bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and honey into blender; blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add to oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Bake for 15 minutes or until fork inserted into center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Cool 10-15 minutes on wire rack.